The fight for “Net Neutrality” is no joke. As almost everyone knows, Congress and Big Business cannot be trusted. Even big time recording artists like Moby are getting into the act and doing what they can to help keep the Web as free and open as possible. Check out SaveTheInternet.com for what YOU can do to help including getting yourself better informed on this important issue. SaveTheInternet has videos and lots of other content to help you understand how CRITICAL Net Neutrality is and why you should care. Thanks!
The kind of groovy event we didn’t used to get to experience, but now, thanks to the video web, here it is…
This is one of the first times I’ve used the article headline as my own blog headline, but this piece is really on the money. And I can feel the growth right in my own pocketbook. 😉 Actually, the full title is A Cyberfueled Growth Spurt Web Services Upend Old Ideas About the Little Guy’s Role. By acknowledging the growth of viable web development and “software as service” and its increasing role and viability — not only with enterprise, but for smaller organizations — this worthy NY Times Business perspective explains how the IT business is being turned upside down in favor of the “little guy.” Encouraging news and a view worth reading.
Apple’s Web Site Among Fastest Growing. Amongst the big boys at least, the likes of Apple, Google, Amazon, Wikipedia and the social networking sites are still seeing robust double-digit growth year-over-year.
I know it’s starting to look like I’m a bit obsessed with Google. Maybe so. But, I also think that I know a true innovator when I see one. This time I salute Google for creating a new kind of interactivity via Google Base. This new service enables anyone (meaning folks without the slightest technical ability) to publish content, from recipes to want ads, you name it, for free. And, of course, because they are Google, they are making all of this new, easy-to-post content searchable, or as they describe it, Google Base is “a place where you can add all types of information that we’ll host and make searchable online.” Thus, now, anyone anywhere can add content to the global information database without needing to know how to post to a blog or how to build a web page. With user-friendly categories and more users, this new “channel” could become quite powerful. As this analysis agrees, look out Craig’s List, Amazon and EBay… Stay tuned…
Getting inside the dynamics of the many ways that Google and the democratization of the world’s information are changing “everything” is not easy for most folks, so I appreciate a well-written article like Just Googling It Is Striking Fear Into Companies from the front page of this past Sunday’s New York Times.
Likewise, I recommend NYT’s “Techno Files” commentary (from the business section of the same issue), A Journey to the Center of Yahoo for anyone seeking a better understanding of what Yahoo is up to as the Web continues to grow in importance to our lives and for our businesses.
66 Via Holon #11
Greenbrae, CA 94904
Like Us on Facebook
Our Instagram Feed
- Content Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Keynote Speaker
- Marketing Strategy
- Online Courses
- Online Software
- Online Video
- Search Engine Optimization
- Small Business
- Social Media Marketing
- Tools I Use
- Video Marketing
- Web Design
Recent Blog Posts
- Short-Form Social Media Videos: Learn How TikTok & Others Are The Next Big Thing in MarketingFebruary 17, 2021 - 6:43 pm
- How to Level Up Your Podcast (or Show) So It’s Your Tribe’s Favorite with Jay AcunzoFebruary 4, 2021 - 5:26 pm
- My New Video Production Workflow: An Exploration of Virtual Video Recording with Riverside.fmJanuary 14, 2021 - 10:29 pm
- The Next Big Thing in TV: How OTT like Roku, Apple TV, & Smart TVs Are Game ChangersDecember 22, 2020 - 5:16 pm
- Why TIKTOK is an Important BUSINESS MARKETING Opportunity & A “Fast Track” to More Video VisibilityDecember 15, 2020 - 6:45 pm
- How to Create the Ultimate Content Marketing Mix of Live Streaming, Social Media Video Series, & PodcastNovember 18, 2020 - 5:58 pm
- What You Need to Know About The Power of Programs, Podcasts & WebShows™ with Jay AcunzoNovember 13, 2020 - 7:26 pm