Wow. Amazing film. Extraordinary performances. I didn’t realize it was also about the birth of the non-fiction novel. A must see. A very richly textured, deeply human, multi-layered drama. Phillip Seymour Hoffman will certainly be nominated for the Best Actor Oscar, and will likely win. You won’t be disappointed. A great cinematic experience. Worth seeing in the theatre.
More evidence of what a remarkable movie Crash is… And what a remarkable filmmaker Paul Haggis is… Here’s a personal essay from Haggis telling the story and describing the feelings that inspired the film. Totally congruent and touching. (Thanks, Wade, for the link)
Here’s the rare kind of movie that actually gets under your skin. Crash (2005) is written, produced and directed by Paul Haggis, who was nominated for the Oscar for Best Screenplay Adaptation for Million Dollar Baby. And Haggis is every bit as powerful a director and filmmaker as he is a writer.
This cinematic journey, emblazened by an impeccable ensemble cast who deliver astounding performances (Sandra Bullock, Don Cheadle, Matt Dillon, Thandie Newton, Terrance Howard, and others), takes on the complexly human under-belly of racism as expressed in the lives of a broad cross-section of characters — from Persian immigrants to car-jackers, from the LA District Attorney to an African American TV director, and from a Hispanic locksmith to a number of LA police officers.
Most notably, this is no simplistic morality tale. Bad guys can be good guys (and visa versa). Miracles do sometimes happen. And some people are just angry all the time. I’m grateful for a true artist who can craft a cinematic mirror that reflects life in an scarely honest way. I found this experience especially valuable because Crash is courageous enough to shine its light into places that many of us would prefer to deny exist, but which need our attention… desperately. “This shit ain’t right” and more of us need to say so.
Thank you, Mr. Haggis, for one of the finest films I’ve seen in a long time. Highly recommended!
66 Via Holon #11
Greenbrae, CA 94904
Like Us on Facebook
- Content Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Keynote Speaker
- Marketing Strategy
- Online Courses
- Online Software
- Online Video
- Search Engine Optimization
- Small Business
- Social Media Marketing
- Tools I Use
- Video Marketing
- Web Design
Recent Blog Posts
- 3 Reasons Why a Website Is NOT a “Web Presence” & What It Takes to Be EFFECTIVE with Digital MarketingDecember 5, 2019 - 4:45 pm
- With Video Marketing, It’s Not “How to Distribute?” It’s “How ELSE to Distribute?”November 22, 2019 - 9:35 pm
- 3 Ways Video Can Build Trust & Meaningful Digital ConnectionsNovember 13, 2019 - 6:28 pm
- The Power of a Creative Practice: Video Blogging Inspiration & Mini-Book ReviewNovember 1, 2019 - 8:15 pm
- Video Blogging: Is It Really Transformational? Where’s the Meaning & the Magic?October 17, 2019 - 9:11 pm
- Vlog Video Production Tips: How I Use my iPhone to Keep Things SimpleSeptember 27, 2019 - 10:15 pm
- Watch to Learn Why WEEKLY Vlogging Is My New SuperPower + Why You Might Want to Join Me.September 19, 2019 - 3:30 pm